What you must know before leaving home

Documents you must bring with you:

European Union students and students from Iceland, Switzerland and Norway:

  • Valid I.D. card or passport
  • European Card for Health Insurance
  • 10 passport size photos

Students outside the E.U

  • Valid Passport
  • Long term visa (for study) – you will have to apply for a “Carte de Séjour” on arrival
    Birth Certificate and official translation in French
  • Proof of revenue (minimum of 400 Euros per month) for example: a letter from the bank confirming the amount of the monthly transfer to your bank account in France, confirmation of the grant from your own country or from the French Government)
  • Health Cover – you will be able to join the French Health Service system – this can be done on arrival and costs approx 203 Euros per year.
  • 10 passport size photos

Useful addresses

  • Your country Embassy or Consulate in Paris.
  • CPE Lyon
    Mrs. Maria-Angélina BEAUCOURT
    Phone : + 33(0)4 72 43 29 98
    Email : maria-angelina.beaucourt@cpe.fr
  • Friends and or family.
  • Information Center for young people « Centre d’Information et de Documentation pour la Jeunesse » (CIDJ)
     101, quai Branly
     75740 Paris cedex 15
     Phone : +33(0)1 44 49 29 30 ou +33(0)1 44 49 29 30


Driving Licence

As a student, your driving license is valid for the duration of your studies in France.

You will have to exchange it against a French Driving License only if you stay in France after graduation. You will have one year to apply for the French Driving License.

 Consult website : http://www.rhone.pref.gouv.fr/


Preparing your stay in Lyon

To get all the useful information about life in Lyon : we invit you to go and read the very complete student’s guide on LyonCampus website.